As trees can cause subsidence, I thought it would be good to detail in this blog how a property would be underpinned.
- Small holes are drilled into the ground near to the foundations.
- The holes are then injected/filled with resin.
- The resin is known as geopolymer resin.
- Once the resin is injected into the holes, it begins to expand underneath the foundation and lifts it up, back to its normal position.
Resin injection can be a much cleaner and quicker way of underpinning a foundation than the most typical method.
The most typical method is:
- Digging out channels beneath the property.
- Fill the channels with concrete.
This typical method is much more time consuming and invasive, it is also messier.